Banner By The Ever Talented ஐGirℓ Is Dangerousஐ:

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chapter 1


"Next."

I look over at Kenny Ortega my tour director my eyes saying 'what the hell are you waiting for'.
"They were good MJ." He looked to the stage at the band filing off and out through the side doors.

"No they weren't, they need polish Kenny. The bassist messed up on his riff twice and don't get me started on the lead. These people are going to be a reflection of me out there. They have to be the best."

I suck in some much needed air into my lungs and lift me fedora to run my slender fingers through my hair before replacing it snuggly on my head.

"Who do we have next Kenny I don't have time to waste with this sh!t." I glanced at him once more brows raised and nails tapping on the arm of the theater style seat.

"We have an all girl band. Sekmet, am I saying this right Sekme…Sekmet." He mumbled the last part to himself.

"Well."

I tap my watch as Kenny advanced to the stage door returning with a string of gorgeous women filing in behind him. I raise up and adjust my posture to get a better look at them as they lined up across the brightly lit stage.

"Introduce yourselves ladies." Kenny motioned towards me with his hand.

The dark skinned sista to the left stepped forward

"We're Sekmet. " She gestured to the other women now fidgeting awkwardly on the stage just behind her.

"I'm Naja, lead vocals and acustic guitar." She stepped back and another beauty takes her place.

"I'm Sanjee lead guitar, electric that is." She giggled and stepped back.

"I'm Mundi, keyboard." She waved as next in line stepped up.

"Hi I'm Suki San. I play bass."

she falls back and the next sight I see has my mouth falling open like a trout. The other girls were beautiful but she is one of the most beautiful women I 've ever seen in all my years. I adjust myself once more in my seat raising the brim of my fedora higher with my long index finger.

"I'm Charlotta but everyone calls me Charlie. I rock the drums."

she hitched her thumb in the direction of the percussion instrument. Her body is long and lithe and her face depicts that of an African goddess. Kenny cut through my ogling session with the clearing of his throat.

"Well ladies set up so we can hear what you got."

He jumped off the stage to join me in the audience. Well at least if they sound terrible they all look good enough to take JR here for a pleasure ride. I lick my lips and lean forward in anticipation.

They settle into their places behind their individual instruments. The lead singer Naja if I remember her name correctly grabs the mic on it's stand and cradles it dramatically in her hands and everything goes still. She starts off accapella and her voice rang out clear as a bell finishing the first line and the rest of the band fell into place right behind her crisp vocals. Her voice is as soulful as the singers of old and just as effective. They were doing a cover of "I put a spell on you" by Screamin' J Hawkins with a bit more of a rock edge to it. If this was indicative of their work then I think I found the right band. Finding an opening act for my Dangerous tour had taken a total of 7 days, each one long and arduous taking away from my own rehearsal time but it seemed to have finally paid off. These girls are good, better than good in fact and more than up to par for the show I want my audience to experience. They brought the song to an end and applause echoed around me as I beckoned Kenny closer to me as he whispered in my ear.

"Whatda ya think MJ. They did their thing right?" I look at him and smile at the turn of phrase he just used.

"Yeah they are the best we've seen yet. I think we should go with them."

The ladies stood patiently awaiting their fate as I rose from my seat and approached the stage with long strides. I jog lightly up the stairs that lead up to the stage and stood before them.

"Ok I have one question for you all." They were all now looking at me intently.

"Would you like to join me on tour?" An audible gasp comes from all five of them in unison.

"Are you sh!tin' me Mr Jackson."

Naja yelled turning to her band mates jumping up and down before lunging at me to embrace me in a hug knocking my fedora to the ground. The bassist picks it up and jams it on her head not caring as their screams echoed through the auditorium.

"Ladies, ladies calm down, calm down."

I call out above their shrieks of happiness. They turn to face me again

"By the way you can all call me Michael I'm not that much older than you besides Mr Jackson is my father." I laughed

"Kenny will give you all the info on the tour dates and everything else. I'll see you all soon and I'm happy to be working with you "

The bassist goes to hand me my hat back.

"You can keep that."

I throw a wink her way before bounding down the stairs to head out of the auditorium. I glance back to the stage where they were high fiveing and chatting happily. Just then I come in contact with a pair of dark eyes looking earnestly at me a smirk dressing her luscious lips before her band mate reached out and engulfed her in a tight embrace tearing her gaze from mine. Their screams of delight continued to ring through the large space echoing off the walls. A smile found its way to my lips as my mind flooded with intrigue. This was going to be one heck of a ride. I can just feel it.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is GAWGEOUS girllll! *wink* I got my eye on you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh loving it already!!! I can just see Li'l Mike gettin' a tad happy about Charlie bahahahaa!! I can tell this is gonna be good and no, I am not surprised at all!! Love it, love it-- LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete